Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm in a reflective mood tonight. Today was a really good day...one of those lazy, totally indulgent days :) We started the morning off by sleeping in and letting the kids lay in our bed just so we could catch some extra zzzzs. That was so nice. Then, dh mowed the lawn and the girls and I decided on what to cook for brunch (I say brunch because it was clearly past our normal breakfast time!)

After a short conversation with my three year old, it was decided that chicken Donald's was on the menu. On any normal day, I'd have said let's cook some eggs or make some oatmeal, but today I thought--why not? Let's all hop in the car and get chicken Donald's (what my 3 year old calls McDonalds--can you guess what she likes from the McD? lol!)

Two chicken nugget happy meals and two happy kiddos later, we found out that pa-pa cut his finger while working and was at the ER. Since we were already near the hospital, we stopped in to see him. Fortunately, it was not serious, but it was serious enough for stitches and a shot of antibiotics.

Upon arriving home, it was time for everyone to take a nap, which of course means dh on the couch with remote in hand.

Instead of joining him, which was tempting, I worked on designing a bit. I had this idea in my head and once that happens, I usually just jump on it.

We thought about going out to the grandparents' farm to do a little fishing after the girls woke up from their naps, but instead we all laid around the living room and read books. Caitlin brought a huge stack for us to read, but I think we only made it to three because one book was read over and over and over and over loL!

After the book fest, Russ and Cait went to the grocery store (bless him!) I did not feel like going at all...I have been kind of feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of days. They also stopped by the bookstore and he bought Caitlin a new activity book--her new passion :) Since she can't read yet, we have to read her the directions...like, follow the maze to get the buried treasure...or circle all the hidden pictures, etc.

Oh, and I also told dh to grab some comfort food while he was out. You know how great comfort food is when you are not feeling well, right? Well, instead of coming back with stuff to make home made mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and other yummy southern foods like that, he comes back with 6 bags of chips, tons of little debbie cakes, and not one single food that could be considered a main course lol! I felt like I gained 10 pounds by just LOOKING at all the junk he brought home....of course, that didn't stop me from eating like 5 Ding Dongs ;)

I posted this and then had to come back and edit because I almost forgot...I have a little blog treat tonight! It is just one flower, but I thought it was fun! You get one flower with light shadows and one without the shadows (staple not included). Download Topsy Turvy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thank you so much!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cute flower.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute. TFS!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute and different! Thanks!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Muka said...

this is very fun, and definitely very different!! thanks - seems I just can't have enough flowers!! :) ah well... I'm a girl, right? lol

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006~ Crazyuniverse.com~ All rights reserved.